Efficient insulation of roofs/ceilings, where cca. 60% of the total heat losses of a building takes place, should get a priority.
Modern farming methods require efficient buildings where temperature and humidity can be closely controlled.
XPS insulation boards has been used for agricultural applications for more than two decades.
Keeping the internal temperature at an optimum level can be realized economically with the heat protection of the entire building. The thickness of the thermal insulation is also a function of the building’s structural design and purpose, in addition to the external climatic conditions.
Professionally applied thermal insulation
• decreases heat loss, thus it reduces heating costs
• helps preserve the health of the livestock
• protects the integrity of the building
• improves productivity and economical operation.
XENERGY™ SL and XENERGY™ SL-ULTRA insulation boards used in agricultural buildings as visible insulating suspended ceiling offer several benefits:
• The all-round tongue and groove edge profile of the boards provide a homogeneous, thermal-bridge-free insulation.
• STYROFOAM™ XPS STG can be positioned either at the top of the roof or as internal insulation below the roof structure.
• Additional protection layer generally is not required if STYROFOAM™ XPS STG boards are used as internal lining of roofs, ceilings or walls in poultry sheds.
• The cleaning of the surface of the insulation boards can be done by pressure hosing or jet steaming.
In order to ensure a long lifetime and maximum efficiency for the thermal insulation, hygiene regulations and rules must be strictly observed in crop storage and livestock buildings. The regular cleaning and disinfection of XENERGY™ SL and XENERGY™ SL-ULTRA plates’ surfaces are especially important. Since the thermal insulation do not get damaged by water or moisture, the various cleaning and disinfection methods can be applied comprehensively.