In addition to their classic application in building structures, STYROFOAM™ XPS thermal insulation can be used in numerous other areas, structures, for a wide variety of purposes.
In such cases the physical properties of the closed-cell polystyrene foam resulting from its unique material structure are especially important.
• excellent mechanical strength and high durability
• high, long-lasting thermal insulation performance
• lightweight and easy to handle
• easy to cut with simple tools
• not sensitive to moisture
• frost resistant
STYROFOAM™ XPS closed-cell polystyrene foam thermal insulation is suitable for the short- and long-term thermal insulation and frost protection of
• roads, railway tracks,
• sports facilities,
• unheated structures,
• and for lightweight fill in the case of roads or engineering structures.