RAVATHERM XPS 300 WB thermal insulation
The blue color RAVATHERM™ XPS 300 WB extruded polystyrene foam thermal insulation can be used in a wide range of applications, owing to the following beneficial properties as a result of the closed-cell material structure:
- permanently high thermal insulation level
- negligible moisture uptake
- high strength and rigidity
- dimensional stability
- resistance to rot and deterioration
- simple and quick installation with small amount of waste.
The RAVATHERM XPS 300 WB closed-cell polystyrene foam is suitable for the thermal insulation of:
- plastered brick or stone footings
- concrete and reinforced concrete surfaces
- structural thermal bridges
- ventilated or core insulated walls.
The surface of the RAVATHERM XPS 300 WB thermal insulation is factory roughened, which results a high strength adherence when fixed to monolith concrete or reinforced concrete structures using plastering and adhesive mortars or solvent-free adhesives. Additional benefits for which the use of RAVATHERM XPS 300 WB is recommended:
- the XPS thermal insulation boards are not sensitive to moisture and are frost resistant – they permanently preserve their heat insulating capability during and after the time of the implementation
- favourable physical characteristics – installation of a vapour control layer is generally not needed when used as the inside thermal insulation of a front wall
- high level of mechanical strength – resistance to mechanical impacts, damage occuring during construction and usage.
- high strength adherence to mortar and concrete – a secure base for the final surface finish.
EXCELLENT SURFACE ADHERENCE, INSTALLATION
The RAVATHERM XPS 300 WB plates’ high adherence, mechanical strength, and resistance to moisture allows the thermal insulation to be applied as a formwork as well.
In the case of large surfaces the thermal insulation should be temporarily fixed to the formwork to prevent their displacement, and to prevent breakaway caused by mechanical impacts it is advisable to use pre-positioned plastic locking pins, especially near frontage openings, wall corners, and penetrations.
When installing the RAVATHERM XPS 300 WB thermal insulation post factum, the thermal insulation must be fixed by adhesives and – on especially large surfaces or low quality plasters – by plastic anchor plates.
The plastering and adhesive mortars stick strongly to the rough surface of the RAVATHERM XPS 300 WB thermal insulation, and a glued façade casing can also be prepared on the surface. A fibreglass-reinforced thin plaster system or a conventional plaster with wire mesh enforcement can also be used.
The plaster layer must be applied according to the guidelines of the manufacturer or the system administrator holder, based on the regulations pertaining to non-hygroscopic surfaces.
If the façade finishing is mechanically fixed, ventilated frontage surface finishing is a mechanically fixed casing, or if the core insulation is being prepared between two masonry (concrete) layers, the smooth surface RAVATHERM XPS 300 WB products manufactured with an extrusion crust and shiplap or tongue and groove edge finishing should first be applied.